Past Issues

In my thesis, I argue that the social and religious changes of the East-Central European region can be adequately interpreted primarily not along the paradigms of modernization and secularization, but rather along the theorems of wounded collective identity and securitization. Religion itself is securitization in nature, since it primarily identifies dangers and tries to avert them through the intervention of divine power. I justify this essential feature of religion by analyzing prayer. A close correlation can be seen between the securitization nature of religion and the need for security of liminal societies – especially in the East-Central European region. Consequently, new possibilities for the interpretation of religious processes are offered by prioritizing aspects of safety and security.

Keywords: East-Central Europe, wounded collective identity, securitization, interpretation of religion, regional research

Full text (in Hungarian)

Present Issue

et2023 1

The "Erdélyi Társadalom" journal is indexed in the following international databases:

ceeol logogesis

proquest logodatacitemta konyvtar sitelogo

Index Copernicus

Supporters of the journal

et tamogatok 2019 1